Located in the heart of the Shawnee National Forest in Southern Illinois, Hardin County General Hospital has been serving the public for over 50 years. Originally built in 1958 with the help of the mining companies of Hardin County and the Federal government the hospital was built as a state of the art facility providing much needed medical care to area residents. The community recognized the need for a new facility in 1953, and only 5 years later construction was complete. This was made possible by the generous donations of land and funds by the Aluminum Company of America, Ozark Mahoning Mining company, the Fluorspar Division of Minerva Oil Company, the Ford Foundation, Federal Government grants and public donations.
Since construction was completed in 1958 we have modernized, expanded, and renovated. We are continually promoting progress with the addition of new technologies, services, and equipment. Our goal is to offer the best quality patient care with the most caring, qualified, and professional personnel, and medical staff available. Our medical and non-medical staff are continually attending educational seminars to keep abreast of the latest technology and information available to make certain we always give optimum patient care.